Captured Memories

Sunday, January 15, 2006

I decided to start a Blog to show family and friends what I'm working on. Seems like it would be easier than setting up and maintaining a web page....besides, I'm not selling anything, but I would like to keep track of what is going on in my life and I keep forgetting to write it in a journal.

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to get this started. My computer freezes up trying to download the photo hosting program Hello, but it appears that there may be other ways to insert photos....I sure hope so. This is frustrating and it's only the second day I've tried.

Like the silly "Red Hat"? My mother bought each of us girls one for Christmas. It's nice to see women finally celebrating getting older instead of trying to deny their age. By the time we hit our 50's and 60's, we've earned the right to kick back and enjoy ourselves a little. If donning a Red Hat and Purple clothing is the means to break out, then so be it. I only have 2 1/2 more years before I can retire and "play" all day, and frankly, I am looking forward to it, grey hairs and all.

Today our two days of good weather broke and the thermometer plunged 25ยบ, the day started out with rain and finished with howling winds and snow flurries. Gads, how I hate winter! I don't like being cold or dealing with the jaw clenching 30 mile drive into work on snowy days. I'd like to crawl into a comfy chair, pull a quilt over myself and curl up with a good book until winter is over. I find it hard to motivate myself to go downstairs and start a fire to warm up the sewing room so I can sew. I'm okay once I get down there, but getting down there seems to be the trick more often than not. If I have to leave the house for anything, forget it, the rest of the day is shot!

I taught a class on Mending and Hemming today. The first time I gave the class, half of them only wanted to learn the mending and the other half only the hemming. All of today's class worked hard and learned all the techniques and signed up for the next two classes, and went away happy, of course so did my first class, but I went home the first time shaking my head as to why someone would pay to take a class and then not learn everything that was offered. There seemed to be a need for basic sewing classes for adults in this area and the manager of the Viking store, asked me to develope some basic skills classes. It's been working out well and provides me with a way to pay for extra feet for my sewing machine, books, stabilizers and other accessories for my sewing machines.

Oops, I just noticed the time....somehow, four hours have passed by while I was trying to figure all this out. Time for me to go to bed.....hopefully, tomorrow, I'll be able to get some housework done and then get into the sewing room to work on the Butterfly dolls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home