Captured Memories

Monday, January 23, 2006

Winter, Oh how I hate it! We’ve been lucky up to now, very little snow. I went to bed last night with the promise of 2-4 inches of snow and woke up to a prediction of 3-6 inches. When I left for work, we had at least 2 inches already. I really shouldn’t complain, according to the weatherman, if all the rain was converted to snow that we’ve had in the past couple of weeks, we would have 36” on the ground already. The trip into work was another jaw clincher for the first five miles and took twice as long as normal. The highway when I got to it was pretty good, although most people were driving with caution at about 40 MPH, even the big rigs. There are always some that think having 4 Wheel Drive means going 70 in a 55 zone while passing in the less plowed lane of traffic, when everyone else is doing 35 to 40 MPH, they are usually the first ones you see in the ditch on a snowy day. I made it to work and wasn’t late which I was the last time we had snow during travel time. I’ll have to call the grandson to get the snow blower out and work on the drive before I get home, too much to hope he’ll get his lazy buns out of bed and do it without being told.

Things are progressing towards me teaching the “Incredible Coat”. Yesterday, I picked up Pat Coulter’s remaining patterns (only 13 of them), she gave me some sewn coat samples, and a coat that was lent to her from another friend (of mine as it turns out), gave me her class handout, and got her permission to have additional patterns made if I need them……let’s hope I need them. I called the local blueprint company where she had them made and got quotes on the prices. I thought it would be cheaper to get copies made from a copier (they can do up to 36”), but it turns out that the blueprint is a third the cost of the copies…..I don’t know where I got the idea that it would be more expensive for the blueprints. I’ll probably be able to keep the coat as a sample because Patti hated it when she finished it, mainly because she didn’t like putting the accent strip in it….so she gave it to Pat to use as a sample and made herself another one. Of course that’s the way Patti is….she never makes one of anything. In this case, she ended up making 4 coats before she finished, she said she’s never going to make it again, but I bet she will when she wears out the coat she has! I can’t believe how incredibly warm this coat is in the winter….it’s like walking around wrapped in a quilt. All I have to do now is finish my lesson plans and directions for the class and take the sample coats to the shop.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home