Captured Memories

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Okay, I know....I promised to keep this up and never did....couldn't even remember how to get to it. A lot has happened since I last posted.

-Took a vacation around Pennsylvania with my sister Connie. We also went to Corning Glass Museum and Niagara Falls.
-Took a New York City vacation with my SIL Sharon and did Times Square on New Year's Eve
-Started taking lampwork lessons and learned how to play with hot glass
-I put my house up for sale in May of 2008
-I retired from PennDOT June 27, 2008
-My son and grandson moved in June 28, 2008
-Sat up my own glass studio in Feb., 2009
-I injured my hand in June, 2009 and spent 6 weeks waiting for new skin to grow back....TIP: Always check things like leaf blowers to make sure the safety guard is still on. I took the skin off of a finger from tip to past the first knuckle down to flesh. Luckily, I did not damage nerves, lose a finger or go down to bone. You can be sure I always check now.
-Helped to set up and run a quilt show this last weekend. I did win two Viewer's Choice ribbons which made me very happy.......that makes 4 over a 22 year period of making quilts, all of them in the last 4 years. I must have gotten better over the years.
-Bought a new Bernina 830 sewing machine & frame (Oh my, this was a Biggie!)
-Still waiting to sell the house and move to Arizona.....I would have to list the house right at the peak of the foreclosures and down market. I may be stuck here dealing with winter for another year or two before I can sell. Takes a special person who wants to live this far out of town.

I'll use this blog now for posting photos of all my various hobbies, of which there are many. According to my children.....I have too much junk, which will hit home the day they have to move me into a Assisted Living or Nursing home....hopefully not for another 20 or more years. They can only hope that by then I'll have given up some of these hobbies on my own and will stick with only one or two. What can I say, I'm only a social drinker and do not smoke. I rarely go out to eat or the movies and my major vices are fabric, thread, paper and glass. I'd rather shop in a Craft or Fabric store than go to the Mall or shop for clothes.

Major project for this coming winter: Scrapbooks
I have 60+ years of photos that need to get into books. I'm going to concentrate on getting them into the books this winter, and adding embellishments later. At least that's the way I think I'm going to go. I certainly have most of the toys....ooopps, make that tools to do it. Most I should need is glue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home