Captured Memories

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Liquid Sunshine

Guess I'll never be a daily blogger, just don't seem to make the time. It isn't that I don't have the time, being retired pretty much lets me call my own shots. I looked at all the things I wanted to do "when I moved to AZ" and wondered why I hadn't bothered to do any of them in the last 11 years when I had total control of my life. So, I bought perennials for the flower bed, don't understand why I didn't before, since I've wanted a bed full of flowers for the last 20 years. Just think, if I would have planted a couple every year, my entire hillside up to the front door would be covered by now. I started last month to go to lunch and the movies once a week with a friend and I probably should volunteer for something. Maybe if I get totally involved in some of these things, the house will sell and I won't have totally put my life on hold waiting for it to happen.

I am so glad that when I got back from the store Friday that I got all the plants in the ground. I'm also happy that my grandson saw me working and without being asked, went out and picked up the branches and weeds that I had in piles, took them to the burning pit and then mowed the lawn. Kudos to him! Yesterday, son & grandson went outside, again without me saying anything, and did the weed eating.....Yeah! I went out and pulled more weeds, cleaning up my flower beds. I still have a lot to do, but it started to rain before I came in, and off and on, it's still doing it today.

So, I should be downstairs sewing my GGD birthday dresses, or painting the wood chest I got her, but I just don't feel like it yet. Instead, I spent a couple hours working on a Banner for my Etsy shop, only to find out it's way too big to post. I turned it into a business card instead, that I'll try printing out, if I have any blanks around. I will either come up with something new for the banner, or leave it alone. I need to take photos of the glass and start posting them, if I hope to sell some of it. I know I'll be spending a good bit of time posting stuff until I get familiar with the page setup.



I have used this profile & hand to create at least five different files. I made a cutting file for the Pazzles, the banner I can't use for Etsy, a business card, a scrapbook page with WordArt, and a greeting card. They all vary slightly, this last one the most, since I took a photo from my yard and used the dandelion gone to seed instead of a graphic file.

This is the card I created from the file.


I have my "Lazy Man's Chicken Cacciatore" in the crock pot. Broiled the chicken breast long enough to brown on the electric grill, dumped in a bag of mixed peppers, a sliced onion, teaspoon of minced garlic, and a jar of spaghetti sauce. Later I'll make a tossed salad, cook some spaghetti and brown some french bread. Dinner done in less than half an hour total!

I've got 5 new books loaded on my Sansa Fuse for listening to when I'm working on the yard, sewing, cleaning house, fixing meals or doing flamework. I should be good until next week when the library will let me download another five books.

Hopefully, I'll post sooner than I did last time....we shall see.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Rhonda said…

    Hi Lynn,
    I saw your dandelion file over in the craft room and followed it here. Thats a beautiful file. I'm going to try to make it for a card. I've been trying to find some files that are nice but kind of simple to make. A group of us have been making cards for Operation Write Home. Thanks for sharing! Rhonda aka aerobuyck

     

Post a Comment

<< Home