Captured Memories

Monday, November 09, 2009




30th Quilting Retreat

Returned yesterday from a three day quilting retreat in Trout Run, PA at Camp Susqe. Our guild has done this twice a year for the past 12 years and once a year for the first three years.......a total of 27 Retreats over the last 15 years. We use to do it at Crystal Lake for three years prior to moving to Camp Susqe. I've only missed two retreat in all those years..that makes this one number 28 for this guild and 2 more for the Living Waters Retreat near Bedford. My how time flies.

I started pulling out old UFO's at the last retreat and working on them. With what I got finished (all but some hand work on one of them), I've eliminated 11 this year. I got four finished at this retreat from old blocks dated from 1994 to a quilt top that was about half finished I started this summer. The UFO count is slowly going down and I'm trying not to add anymore to it until I finish these tops or give them away to someone who will finish them. The quilt that needs the handwork (flowers & leaves tacked down) is pictured in this post.

Today, I start working on finishing Christmas presents. I plan to have all my presents done by this weekend. I have three more presents to buy and by this weekend, I will be wrapping them. I know, I ought to be shot, but Dad is not in the greatest of health and I have to be prepared to leave for NE at any moment. If he makes it to Christmas, I'll be driving there for a visit over the holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home