Captured Memories

Saturday, October 24, 2009

My friend Kim & I went to a quilt show past State College put on by the "Centre Pieces Quilt Guild". Great show, some very talented quilters, although we totally disagree with the "Best of Show" choice by the AQS judge. There were so many nicer quilts in the show. Took our time looking at the quilts, bought some chances (6 chances to win with only two tickets)....hope I'm lucky. We saw two quilt patterns we both liked to make future quilts. We got a few things from their Boutique and then had lunch on the way home. It poured rain all the way up there, but the sun was out part of the way home....by the time we got home, it was clouding up again.

Leaves are falling like rocks. I'd say that two thirds of my trees are leafless at this point. I'm afraid we are in for a long, nasty winter this year.

I seriously doubt that I will get anything more done today. Think I'll just curl up in the recliner and look through some quilt books then read. I think Corn Chowder soup for tonight...something easy to fix....it kind of suits the day.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:47 AM, Blogger rocqee said…

    Hi Lynn, finally got here to check out your blog. Looks good and very newsy. I am thinking I may do one too. Will see. LOL!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home