Captured Memories

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I am so bad about keeping up with this.....what have I been doing the last 3 days???? Sorting scraps. No kidding I think they are multiplying like little bunnies overnight. Yesterday, I thought the end might be in sight, but found a large bucket and bag of scraps I didn't know about. I'm sorting them into strips (1 1/2, 2, 2 1/2, 3, 3 1/2, up to 6 1/2" wide) and then into piles of fabric to stick in with my FQ boxes. I found yardage in with my scraps....why I just cannot throw it away like my friends do, I can't tell you. Pieces too small to go in the strip boxes are being cut up into blocks. I know, it's like a illness...with no cure. With any luck, I might get done with them by Sunday. I hope!!!!

Just got through watching DIY Dish first episode and they made the cutest little layer cake pincushions....such a cute little gift item for friends for birthdays and Christmas....I'll have to get the bin of felt out and see what I can whip up. Love Heather Baileys Turtle pincushion, that looks like another must have pattern.

http://www.thediydish.com/feed/

While in Florida on vacation, I bought the cutest thread catcher pattern. It's from ArtFabric Studio....Catchit Frog with Lilypad Pincushion. I need to go through my Batik bin and find exactly the right fabric to make him.

Okay, time for a quick shower and get back down to the sorting. I so do love being retired and having my "workplace" aka Studio just downstairs. All it needs is a TV, but in lieu of that, I listen to Audio books and multi-task. I really should also continue stitching out the thread samples of all the machine embroidery threads I own...I forgot to do that yesterday. It would save me so much time to know what I really do have on hand so I don't end up buying duplicates like I have in the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home